FreakScore is a weighted average of all aggregated professional and user review scores. Read more
This product has a FreakScore of 9.0 out of 10 based on 42 scores.
I bought this to replace a Cambridge Audio DAB and CD player. For me good quality sound as well as USB/IPhone connectivity was the decisive reason to buy. In addition, the Internet radio function was a real draw and a great way to replace the DAB.
- The soundstage is fantastic due to the quality DAC. I was blown away by the detail it revealed in my CDs.
- I then tested the iPod connectivity. Sound quality was again great and much better than simply connecting my Mac to the amp.
- Playback of files (lossless and 24 bit) on a flash drive was a revelation. Sounds fantastic! I bought a 128gb drive and filled it with music. It's a great alternative to the ever slow iTunes and crucially sounds so much better.
- Internet radio is great - loads of channels. Favourites can be added via the app or through a web browser.
- The app can also stream music on an iOS device to the streamer/cd player. It's not AirPlay, but useful.
- Only downside so far is the lack of wifi, but a cheap repeater will connect the device.